Citizens can replace their damaged, lost or stolen DC One Card at one of the DC One Card Service Center Locations.
- To save processing time when you come to the center, please complete the online DC One Card Application
- Go to any DC One Card Service Center Location
- Provide Proof of Identity (see Eligibility Requirements) - Note: We regret that we cannot accept photocopies or scanned documents.
For assistance, please call the DC One Card Helpline at (202) 727-6030 during business hours: Monday to Friday; 9 am to 5 pm.
Replacement Instructions for Students
DC Public School (DCPS) or DC Public Charter School (DCPCS) students must request their Replacement DC One Card from the ID Administrator at their school.
To Replace a Metro SmarTrip® Card
There are two ways to replace a lost or stolen Metro SmarTrip® Card:
- Get a replacement DC One Card from the issuing agency (which may require a fee)
- Purchase a SmarTrip® Card from any Metro outlet
To replace your DC One Card at a Customer Service Center, you will be required to provide original Proof of Identity documentation (see Eligibility Requirements) and a replacement card will be issued and mailed to your home.
Once you have your new card, you can call the SmarTrip® Regional Customer Service Center at 1(888) 762-7874 to have your DC One Card updated with the value on the card at the time you reported it lost or stolen.
Replacing a Senior SmarTrip® DC One Card
Contact DC One Card