Wednesday, October 28, 2020
What is the MAR?
- Is a comprehensive address database that provides a broad range of uses in the efficient delivery of government services in Washington, DC.
- Has more than 145,000 unique, valid full addresses assembled and researched from more than 25 unique sources.
- Is much more than just an address database. It contains various critical geographies for each address such as Ward and Police District, the X,Y, coordinates, as well as attribution that links back to the District’s Street Spatial Database (SSD))
- MAR also contains information regarding intersections, block information and place names (aliases).
- Is the applications that give access to the data in the MAR.
- Set of standards for geographical information; most notably addresses, blocks, intersections and place names (aliases).
Read more in document.