Information Security is responsible for the citywide information security platform and policies as well as credentialing for District employees.
This division contains the following two activities:
- Information Security: Deploys an effective information security architecture that mitigates the technical vulnerabilities within the DC Wide Area Network (WAN) serving District agencies, provides a secure network environment for all District government buildings and ensures compliance of health information privacy regulations.
- DC One Card: Manages the District’s credentialing system, used by employees and residents.
- Provides Application Infrastructure services to OCTO and the District’s application programs.
- Supports the District’s initiatives by recommending technological solutions to agencies.
- Responsible for the citywide information security platform and policies as well as credentialing for District employees.