Application Solutions provides innovative, efficient and cost-effective application development to the District government and the residents of our city. This group leverages standard application development practices to guarantee on-time and on-budget delivery of both custom-built and standard, commercial-off-the-shelf software packages.
This division contains the following ten activities:
- Application Implementation: Supports the District’s initiatives by recommending technological solutions to agencies, providing day-to-day management and development of applications-related projects.
- Web Maintenance: Supports content development, publishing and maintenance of the dc.gov web portal and the m.dc.gov mobile website, which is accessed by hundreds of thousands of District residents, businesses and visitors.
- Document Digitization: Supports agency’s initiatives to digitize paper records in the enterprise document management system, maintains a scan center facility in One Judiciary Square and assists agencies with deploying their own onsite scan center or assessing document digitization programs.
- Applications Quality Assurance: Supports software testing and change management services, provides software testing and configuration management tools and assures deployed applications meet standards set by OCTO.
- DMV Application Solutions: Supports the mission of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to maintain and enhance the motor vehicle information system, which supports vehicle registration, driver’s license/identification cards, dealer tags, residential parking permits, reciprocity parking permits, insurance verification, and adjudication and law enforcement with onsite, back-office and web portal support.
- DC Geographic Information System (DCGIS): Provides hundreds of DC government users in public safety, economic development and other public-facing service agencies with data, systems, customer service (training and support), planning and coordination to improve the quality and lower the cost of services provided by the DC Government through the efficient application of geospatial technology.
- Health & Human Services Case Management System: Provides data integration and systems modernization solutions that enable District health and human services agencies to share client data across agency boundaries in support of the District’s integrated case management and services delivery goals.
- Procurement Application Services: Supports the mission of the Office of Contracts & Procurement to maintain and enhance Procurement Automated Support System (PASS), which enables purchasing, receiving of goods and contracts compliance for all District agencies and DCPS.
- Human Resource Application Services: Supports the mission of the Department of Human Resources (DCHR) to maintain and enhance the human resources management system that supports over 35,000 District employees.
- Data Transparency and Accountability - Citywide Data Warehouse (CityDW): Democratizes government data by providing a centralized access point for citywide data and supplies the Office of the City Administrator, the CapStat program, and District agencies with data and business intelligence tools.
Provides innovative, efficient and cost-effective application development to the District government and the residents of our city.
Phone: (202) 727-2277