The DC One Card makes accessing services easier and more convenient for District residents. With this single identification card, children, adults and seniors can utilize multiple DC government programs and facilities.
Gain Access to Schools and Recreation Centers
Use your DC One Card to gain unlimited access to the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) programs and services. To find out what’s happening at your local recreation center, visit DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR).
Checkout Books at DC Public Libraries
Use your DC One Card like a library card and checkout books at DC Public Libraries.
Access the Metro
The DC One Card with SmarTrip® technology is a permanent, rechargeable farecard. It's plastic - like a credit card - and is embedded with a special computer chip that keeps track of the value of the card.
Each rider must have his/her own DC One Card.
The benefits of using SmarTrip® include:
- Using your SmarTrip®-enabled DC One Card is easy and fast! Simply touch the SmarTrip® DC One Card to the circular target panels on top of or inside station faregates. Likewise, you can tap the SmarTrip® farebox on Metrobus to pay your fare with SmarTrip. For more information, see SmarTrip® on Metrobus.
- Your SmarTrip®-enabled DC One Card is issued with a $0 balance, but you may add money at any WMATA station, up to $300 in Metro value on a SmarTrip® DC One Card (so it can last a long time between charging). You may also add value by using a credit card or debit card.
- The remaining value on a registered SmarTrip® enabled DC One Card that is lost or stolen can be replaced when reported. Cash refunds are not available.
- Claim Your Electronic Fare Adjustment Using SmartBenefits*.
- Visit the WMATA website for more information on WMATA SmarTrip®, only.
DDOT Student Transit Subsidy Program
As of October 1, 2018, the Kids Ride Free (KRF) pass is no longer on the DC One Card. If you would like to participate in the DDOT Student Transit Subsidy Program, you can contact DDOT Customer Service Helpline at (202) 673-1740.
Contact DC One Card
You may call the DC One Card Helpline at (202) 727-6030.