Our Focus Areas
Web Development & Maintenance
- Manages the DC. gov web portal.
- Maintains 100+ DC Government agency websites.
- Monitors the 85 million+ unique visits a year by DC residents, businesses, and visitors.
- UX designers, developers, web content editors and managers, strategic web planners and user experience managers.
- New websites are created every year for DC Government agencies to promote their initiatives and advance their missions, OCTO is proud to provide them support through centralized content management and great web design.
- Provides system development, maintenance, and new functional enhancements for the DC Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Provides applications quality assurance and user testing.
- The Application Solutions team empowers DC Government agencies to advance their missions by providing innovative, agile, and cost-effective application development.
- This division has a goal to modernize the customer experience of government services through custom and standard applications.
Network & Infrastructure
- Maintains 700+ miles of fiber.
- Monitors Citywide IT Operations 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Hosts 2.5 petabytes of data, 4,000+ virtual servers, and 500+ shared databases.
- Delivers 1 million + email messages daily to 39,000 email boxes.
- Provides the technology infrastructure foundation for the entire District government's enterprise technology, including a vast high speed digital network, wireless networking services, telecommunications services, cloud services and more.
- Authors of the District's comprehensive data policy.
- Manages 1,500+ datasets on the Open Data DC portal.
- Set up and maintains the Enterprise Data Inventory.
- Work in Geographic Information Systems, Data Transparency and Accountability, and Interagency Data Integration Services.
- Improves the quality and lowers the cost of District services, through an effective application of data and systems and by making data publicly available to the fullest extent possible in consideration of safety, privacy, and security.
Security Governance & Operations
- Successfully defends 1 billion+ breach attempts annually.
- Educates and trains 35,000+ District employees on cyber security best practices.
- OCTO's Security Team is responsible for protecting and managing the Citywide Information Security platform as well as writing and enforcing our city's cyber policies.
- Manages the District's identity and access management systems used in support of employees and District residents.
Interested in joining our team?
View open positions and apply at:
The Office of the Chief Technology Office is made up of many departments to develop, implement, and maintain the District’s IT and telecommunications infrastructure; develop and implement major citywide applications; establish and oversee IT enterprise architecture and website standards for the District; and advise District agencies on technology solutions to improve services to businesses, residents and visitors in all areas of District government.
Agency Management Program
The OCTO Agency Management Program is responsible for critical business issues, organizational development and workforce management.
Customer Service and Telecomm
The Customer Service and Telecomm team centralizes the coordination of agency and enterprise-wide customer-facing IT functions into one customer experience business unit. The division contains all of OCTO’s customer care functions in the same business unit for more effective control, coordination, collaboration, transparency, and accountability.
Application Solutions provides innovative, efficient and cost-effective application development to the District government and the residents of our city.
Connect.DC - Digital Inclusion Initiative
Created by OCTO in 2010, Connect.DC works to bridge the digital divide by making technology easier to use, more accessible, more affordable, and more relevant to the everyday lives of District residents.
DC-Net Citywide Communications Network
DC-Net provides managed voice, data and video wire-based and wireless services to all government constituents city-wide over a secure, highly redundant and high-capacity fiber optic telecommunications platform.
Information Security is responsible for the citywide information security platform and policies as well as credentialing for District employees.
Program Management Office
The Program Management Office provides management, business consulting services and business application support to agencies.
Shared Infrastructure Services
Shared Infrastructure Services provides the underlying foundation for enterprise IT within the District government ranging from desktop computing environments to data center-based mainframe and state-of-the-art IT systems.
Technology Support Services
Technology Support Services provides 24x7x365 support for OCTO-supported applications and hardware across the District.